Women generally wear colors what they usually like on them without knowing the fact that what actually a color can affect their personality, their mood & their behavior, so let me tell you that a particular color that you reflect will naturally add to the aura that you carry.
So let’s see what a color means:
1. RED : Think fire and blood – Red rushes to us with messages of passion, primal urges, action, danger, boldness, excitement, strength, energy, courage, pleasure, vibrance, radiance, and love.
Red’s mantra is: “I am ignited”
2. ORANGE : A nice subdued blend between the aggressive red and the high-pitch of yellow – Orange is about harmony, aspiration, sociability, cheerfulness, creativity, contentment, and intelligence.
Orange’s mantra is: “I am satisfied”
3. YELLOW : Worshipped in the form of the sun – Yellow is all about radiating creativity, protection, intellect, comfort, hunger, summer, happiness, energy, positivity and clarity.
Yellow’s mantra is: “I am centered”
4. GREEN : The fresh start of spring brings waves of Green and with it comes attributes of youth, sentimentality, nature, adventure, calm, relaxation, freshness, growth and health.
Green’s mantra is: “I am accepted”
5. BLUE : Look to the sky for the meanings of Blue – open spaces, freedom, imagination, expansiveness, professionalism, coldness, winter, trust, peace, inspiration, and sensitivity.
Blue’s mantra is: “I am expensive”
6. INDIGO : Similar to the attributes of blue, but Indigo’s energy runs very deep – consider the unknown depths of the sea along with emotion, strength, fluidity, persuasiveness, expressiveness, and pervasiveness.
Indigo’s mantra is: “I am deep”
7. VIOLET : The hue of fragile flowers and sleepy sunsets, Violet reminds us of spirituality, communion, grandeur, high-ideals, devotion, and peace.
Violet’s mantra is: “I am revolutionary”
8. BLACK : Black is required for all other colors to have depth and variation of hue – it’s a forceful feature and represents formality, dignity, force, convention, stability, power, depression, night, death and zero-tolerance.
Black’s mantra is: “I am endless”
9. WHITE : Contemplate the brilliance of a new white snow and how it pulls a blanket of peace over everthing it touches – White stands for peace, cleansing, illumination, purity, simplicity, innocence and the highest understanding.
White’s mantra is: “I am illumined”
10. GREY : It indicates, conservatism, traditionalism, intelligence, serious, dull, uninteresting.
11. PINK : Pink is the color indicates feminine, love, caring & nurture.
So, identify which colors you want to wear or Shoppe according to the event or occasion, use the color in situations where you are trying to persuade. Use shades of brown and green to relax people and say you are environmentally friendly. Use red to kick people into action. And so on.
McDonald’s, apparently, use red and yellow because red=fast and yellow=hunger (hence fast food!).
Remember also that meaning is what we create. It does not exist in the color itself and individual meanings may or may not exist in different cultures and individuals.
After reading this, a question might is arriving in your mind I guess, that is there any specific color women over 40 should wear or not wear?
Well, Women over 40 can wear bright colors but they have to be the right colors.
Once you get into your 40’s or so, your coloring starts to change. After that, your skin and hair seem to transform from time to time… or maybe all the time… and this means you should not be wearing your favorite colors from your disco days of glory. Well… not exactly. It is, also, my opinion that your very best colors will always be your very best colors forever, but some of your favorites will have to be grayed down (neutralized) or kicked to the curb.
And, when it comes to clothing, not only you have to look at color combinations in your clothing, but you also have to look at colors in combination with your face… your skintone… your complexion… your hair… your eyes… your own basic coloring at this stage of your life.
And regarding what colors you can avoid, I personally suggest to the women over 50 to avoid wear deep pastel shades of pink, yellow, blue and white it makes you look more older. That doesn’t mean I am saying you wear bright red or black, you can always mix match those colors according to your style and personality just remember one thing a color creates a positive as well as a negative aura too as we have seen above. So choose wisely!
L O V E A Y U S H I